The Nondating Life

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Eharmonize this

Woman gets rebuffed by Eharmony.com for being separated. Interesting case to say the least. Be sure to read the comments as well. If you're not cool enough to have a Consumerist commenting password, feel free to comment here.

I think Eharmony is well within its rights to ban separated people and that it's reason for doing so is spot on. However, I think I can imagine what kind of major blood vessels would burst in my brain if I made it all the way through that laborous questionnaire only to find out that the last question disqualified me. Uh, hello? Couldn't put a little warning at the beginning?

2 Comments:

  • You know, I had several hits on yahoo personals from guys who were *separated* or *considering separation.* I rebuffed (obviously) all of them. what is the frigging point?

    That's not to say that I wouldn't date someone who was really truly separated, had filed for divorce, and just hadn't made it to the finish line, but I suspected a couple of guys of just wanting to pursue illicit affairs under false pretenses, and that's just pathetic.

    So, well done e-harmony (though I always thought that was the creepiest dating service, where they pick for you instead of you picking for yourself).

    By Blogger Trouble, at 11:52 AM  

  • Well, I went through the laborious questionnaire as well... BUT... I knew that I was going to be rejected. They kind of say that up front, in the bit where it says that "If you're separated, you're not eligible for this site."

    I guess I'm gonna put a question on OKCupid that queries about the eHarmony thing as a point of reading comprehension.

    Separation Anxiety

    By Blogger redsneakz, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home