The Nondating Life

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Battlestar Galactica Bloggin!

You may think Battlestar Galactica has nothing to do with dating, but in my home it does. In fact, our anniversary is known as Battlestar Galactica Day ... and Susan doesn't even watch the show.

At any rate. I need you guys to help me make a decision. In my hands, nestled in a snazzy leather bound folder complete with really big glossy photos of hot Cylons, I have the first four episodes of season three of what the press release calls "the best frakkin show on TV."

The question is, should I watch them? Why do I hesitate? Why haven't I shoved this directly into my work computer? The press release also states: "Please also note these are rough cuts, with temporary picture, sound and special effects."

I've written about this before. It's nice being able to catch up with the show, but it's not so much fun seeing a lot of green screens and sub-titles that say "View of swirling space cloud here" and dealing with badly dubbed dialogue and a cheese-rock soundtrack. It sort of pulls me out of the moment.

Anyway, should I watch? Yes or no? Leave a comment.


Note: This is NOT a scene from Battlestar (but it is one of the Hot Cylons).

5 Comments:

  • your loose correlate of dating - b.g. is just about as bad as big ole red hook chimichangas to chicken gorditas. yes you heard me. now, we come here for advice! and i have tell you whether or not to WATCH freaking green screen ho's get their freak on to tesla in steam room 5 on the poop deck!

    COME ON!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • Don't make me reveal your identity. Because I will

    By Blogger Ken Wheaton, at 11:06 AM  

  • Last season you watched the unfinished episodes. Don't watch them this season--wait for their broadcasts in the regular season.

    Then compare the experiences. Which one was more satisfying?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:02 AM  

  • I have to say that the new Galactica series has so much more depth to the characters and the story line. I appreciate how they weave in religion and other social aspects so nicely. In particular, I find it fascinating that the machines have faith in a single god while the humans are deserving of punishment for being pagan and not recognizing the true god.

    So to answer your query, watch the damn show.

    By Blogger smoo, at 2:48 PM  

  • are you really blogging about battlestar galactica, what has comitted life done to you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home